We are Soon to Find Out if Mark Is Cured!

Well Mark has been on Harvoni for 5 Months.   The cost of this Medication is $43,746.00 A Month, and Thank GOD Humana Medical Insurance has picked up the tab every month – with No Questions!

You see, Mark is a total Victim in this.  It’s Hepatitis B and C.   He got it as the result of a Blood Transfusion at Belview Hospital in New York City the day of the Bangladesh Concert in New York City, Mark was one the main Promoters, but of course didn’t make it, because he and Hank were in a Car Accident and Crashed under the UN.  A Driving Pin had been changed out without Hank’s knowledge.  He just took his 6 Month old car in to make sure all the Oil and everything was OK for the Long Trip.   They were on the way to Yonkers, New York to pick up another friend.   But of course they never made it.  That was the Summer of 1969.

We moved here to Kansas City, Kansas last August.  We were here for 3 weeks, falling in Love with KC, KS.   This is a Incredible City, with Awesome People, and for the first time in Mark’s Life, he met 2 members of his family, and they accept me!   A First Cousin and her daughter!   How awesome is that?   We were renting a room in house that had been built in 1920.   Donna and Charles own that house Free and Clear.   And their 2 vehicles.   They are greatly blessed of GOD, but sadly they do not acknowledge GOD!   But they did see that we DID and DO and Always Will!   I can Never Deny My Faith and my Lord!

There was only one bathroom in that house – Upstairs.   Mark woke up around 3:00 AM September 14, 2014, and went upstairs and I could hear him throwing up.   I went up just as he was coming out, “I’m going downstairs and sit down for a bit.”   “Are you OK, Sweetheart?”  “I’ll be OK, I think.”  I walked into the bathroom, with Mark walking downstairs. I was a bit shocked!    He had thrown up Core Blood.  That’s the Burgundy Blood that looks like it’s got like dolls in it!   I cleaned up that bathroom totally!   It took about 45 minutes, it was really bad.  And I sterilized that bathroom.  I didn’t want Donna and Charles freak out when they saw it.   I prayed to GOD for guidance.  And went downstairs to the living room.   Mark was sitting on their Love seat facing the front window.   He said, “Honey, can I please have a glass of water?”   “NO BABY, YOU ARE NPO RIGHT NOW, YOU JUST THREW UP YOUR LIFE, I’M CALLING 911, AND YOU WILL BE ADMITTED BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED WHOLE BLOOD JUST TO LIVE!”   I did call 911, and they came almost immediately.  Then as the firemen and EMT’s came in, I said a quick prayer, for GOD to keep their 2 dogs quiet, and not wake up Donna and Charles.   GOD did exactly that.

They carefully walked Mark down the stairs to a stretcher, then in the ambulense.  I gathered some personal things in a very large bag, and got in the front of the ambulense.   The driver said – “Where to?”   I Prayed and heard “KU!” I said, “KU Please!”  “On our way – No Problem!”    When we arrive Mark was rushed in, my bag was checked, then I was shewn where he was.   When I got next to Mark, he wasn’t much with it.  So the Doctor’s asked me, “What’s going on with him, he doesn’t look good.”   I told what had happened, and they put a ENG Tube down his throat and Mark EXPLODED!  Obviously Mark had been Bleeding Internally for a while, because he vomited almost 5 gallons of Core Blood there in the ER, with Bin after Bin of Core Blood.    When the guys came to get his blood, I said, “Please type and cross because he’s going to need whole blood to stay alive!”   The Doctor’s nodded and they agreed and ran toward the lab.   Then Mark was still throwing up so much!   I begged, “Please can you give Mark the strongest Anti Emetic you’ve got – Please!” The Doctor ordered something, I couldn’t quit hear what it was, but he gave it to Mark through his IV.  After about 5 minutes with Mark still throwing up, but not as much.

I asked the Doctor, “Can Mark have another dose of the Anti Emetic?”   “Of course he can”, and Mark got another dose.  Then it was like a MOVIE!   We were in a open bay in ER, and 5 Doctor’s and the like almost running toward us, “You did say you believe in whole blood transfusion?”   Mark and I said, “YES!”   They were putting the Blood in as they were explaining the risk and getting his signature.   The doctor said, he was being admitted to ICU, NPO.  Then Mark begged for a glass of Water.   I said, “Honey I said you were NPO, and couldn’t have any water!”   “You said exactly correct, if you had given Mark a glass of water, he would have drowned!”    Mark said, “Is that for real?  I would’ve drowned?”  The doctor said, “YES, that’s the danger of this disease!”   “What Disease?”   “Well talk to your wife, then we’ll talk to you!”

Mark was put in his room, then the doctor came to me, and motioned me out, to talk to him.  “Mark has a severe case of Hepatitis and that’s what’s caused the hemorrhaging.   If it wasn’t for you being there and not giving any fluid which you didn’t Mark would have easily died.  In fact he still can, that’s why we’ve got him in ICU and we’re giving him whole blood.  We’re going to have do a Scope to find out if he is still Hemorrhaging  inside and how much, we might be able to band it or something to stop his bleeding.   And if he survives this, and has another bleed, Mark will die!”   “I will do whatever I can to keep Mark alive and get him healthy!”   The DON joined us, “I’d like you to come down to my office, and offer you a job.  I’ve heard that you are a Nurse, am I correct?’   “Yes you are, can I come down when my husband is a bit more stable?”  “Of course, I’m mostly always here.”  Two days later, I went to her office, September 20, 2014.   I had a copy of my Nursing License, and other documentation along with my resume’.   I gave that all to her.   And filled out a very long application.   “I have to give you a questionnaire, I hope you don’t mind.”    I took the questionnaire and filled it out, and answered the questions.  500 of them, quit extensive.  I turned it in within 7 minutes.   She was surprised pleasantly.   She said, “I’ll get back to you within a very few days.”   The next afternoon, I was eating lunch in the Cafeteria and she came to me.   “Well you are better qualified than most that I’ve seen.  And your experience is excellent and I’d love to offer you a Job, but AFTER your husband, Mark is better or has died.   Sorry to put it like that, but you know I’m being honest about that, right?”   “Of course you are.  to be honest on my side, I don’t believe that I’d be much help to anyone till we know which way it’s going to go.”  At least it’s something I can fall on to get my life going again no matter how it goes, but I’ll tell you, that I am going to do whatever I can to make sure that Mark lives and gets Healthy!”   She told me that was commendable of me, and she agreed to hold my job till then.  She promised to keep in touch, and she’s done that since Mark got out of the hospital at KU!

September 22, 2014  The medical STAFF at KU, Gave Mark 5 Whole Blood Units, all at once to Protect the organs.  Then Mark went for his Scope.  He was given a twilight Anastasia so Mark would be awake or wake up as soon as he came back to his room.   Well he came back and wasn’t awake.   So Dr. Blaylock and I were encouraging Mark to Wake up for almost 20 Minutes, then I noticed that Mark’s monitor was FLAT, and pointed it out to Dr. Blaylock.

She Immediately called the CODE!   All of a sudden there was at least 15 people inside of Mark’s room.  Dr. Blaylock and I were still trying to wake him up, IV’s and tubes were going inside of Mark, then one of the Attendants tossed me a IV Kit.  One of the Doctor’s said, “She’s a Nurse that we’ve just hired, so can you put it in and hook it up?”   “Of course I can”, and I did – 1 try and it worked perfectly!  4 1/2 hours later Mark finally woke up!  “Doctor I don’t feel that sick, I want to go home with my wife, holding my hand.”   Dr. Blaylock was AMAZED!   “WHAT????? YOU’RE TALKING TO ME?”  I said, “Dr. Blaylock, I believe it might be a GOD Thing that Mark went through!”   He wasn’t aware yet, but I knew, I felt that in the Holy Ghost.

Mark was transferred to CCU (Cardiac Care Unit).   Matt, Mark’s ICU RN said, “You’re not going to like it there, it’s not at nice as here!”   But it was newer and much nicer.   Matt left a bad IV in Mark’s right arm and it was hurting.  I begged Matt more than once to please remove and change the IV, but he Refused, “That IV is just fine!”   NO IT WASN’T!  The very second a Doctor came in to Mark’s CCU room, I pointed it out and explained it.   The doctor removed it immediately without any discussion!   The doctor explained, “We are going have to Mark tested, but that Nurse was wrong, as you know, and he wouldn’t let you remove it, RIGHT?”   “That’s correct,” I said.   “What I’m worried about is Mersa, which will kill Mark much faster!”   “I Pray to GOD that he doesn’t have that!”   “From your lips to GOD’s ears!”  Mark was tested, we had to wait for 5 days for the results, they were pumping Mark full of real strong Anti Biotic Medication through Mark’s IV’s.   After 5 days, Mark was Walking with a walker freaking everyone including me, But I was Praising GOD!  Mark was actually doing better than Anyone expected.

After 12 days in CCU, Mark could be Discharged.  But not to home!   Mark was not well enough to go home, so he was sent to Presbyterian Manor here in KC, KS.  I of course went home, once Mark was on his way.   David, a very dear friend of mine, made it a point to get me to Presbyterian Manor every day when they opened and often I would leave after they closed their doors. I would call every morning at 4:45 AM to find out how Mark was doing and get the full report on Mark.   After 8 days there, Mark was allowed to come home.

I was so glad.  But all of a sudden Mark was put on a Large Battery of Prescriptions.   And living there at Donna’s and Charlie’s house was pleasant, but not our own place.   When we were there, we mostly were outside with David, another renter there.  He rented the room next to Donna and Charles’s Bedroom.

After 1 month, we finally got this apartment that we’re in.   We are saving to move in our home very soon, a few months from now.  3 or 4 more months from now.   And I so look forward to that.

Well the last time we went Dr. McGreevey’s our Interests.  She told us, “Well, Mark I don’t know why you are still on the Viread, because your last blood test didn’t show hardly any Hepatitis B!   Hepatitis A or B normally goes away on their own.   But C Doesn’t – That’s a Killer of the Liver.   Well Mark got pretty sick.   He was weak and had no energy.  Dr. Olson (Mark’s hepatologist), Borman (Mark’s cardiologists) and Dr. McGreevy all said “Mark has only 6 months to a year!”     At Dr. Olson’s office, he said, “Mark, I know that you’re loyal with your wife and she’s loyal with you, and you both love each other, so I want you, my dear to get tested, if you’re positive, you will be taken care of, and for you Mark, it’s either Surgery being the Liver Transplant or the Pill.   And I believe that the Pill gives you the best option!”   What a relief and so the Pill it was.

The Pills were due by Wednesday, and they didn’t arrive.   So I called the Hospital Pharmacy and they had Charles’s and Donna’s address as ours, the Harvoni medication had been delivered there! So I asked the Pharmacists, “How is Mark going to get this medication now.   “Well we are going to have to go over to the house, You don’t have their phone number, do you?”   “No I don’t, that phone won’t even charge anymore!”    “Contact the Postal Inspector Immediately!”   Which is exactly what I did.   Also Charles and Donna had not released one piece of Mail that we got from Arkansas where we had moved from!

The Postal Inspector’s did take a formal report and gave me a number, and even came over to our apartment, and knocked on our front door. “Did you leave that home on bad terms?”   “No not at all!”   “Well the medication was delivered to Charles in person and the Post Office Scanned it just before giving it to him.  So it looks like charges will be brought against the both of them, because the Post Officer state that both of them came to the door and said, “Thank You! I needed that!”   Charles had said that to the Postman.

Then Mark saw David downstairs visiting a friend here where we live, and David was Mad!   “I’ve had it Charles and Donna!   I caught them more than once in my room stealing stuff that I had!   I’m so glad I’m no longer living there!”

Well Mark did get his Harvoni, which is so very expensive ($43,746.00) and the Pharmacy Paid so Mark could get his medication.  So it was the KU Hospital put the Formal Charles and Donna.   I still pray for them.   Well Mark has been on Harvoni for 6 months.   And we’ve received the Call, that when Mark is done with this bottle, Dr. Olson will want to see Mark and test Mark.

I did take my Test for Hepatitis A, B, or C.   My test were 100% Negative!    And I consider that a Total Miracle of All Mighty GOD!   And Mark is getting better daily and feeling and looking better!   Glory Be Unto GOD!

So now it’s just a matter of weeks.   Peace Be Unto You All and GOD Bless!   Jane.


One comment on “We are Soon to Find Out if Mark Is Cured!

  1. Jane Millar says:

    Reblogged this on lastdaysgirl and commented:

    Please leave your comments. I would love to see what you think. And please pray to GOD for Mark! God Bless You All! Jane.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s